Conducive Reading environment backup with Information Technology.
FEDPOFFA ALUMNI OFFICE AND THE ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
The Alumni office of the Polytechnic is a unit under the registry department with the aims of coordinating, advising and chatting way forward on issues that concerns all alumna and alumnae of the institution.
The Alumni Association which is a gathering of past or graduated students of this great polytechnic (ND & HND) came into existence in the year 2012 after the configuration of National Formation Committee headed by Mr. Ayoade Adeyemi. Approval was given by the management of the polytechnic led by former Rector, late Dr. M.O. Olatinwo after a meeting between the management and The National Formation Committee of polytechnic Alumni held on the 23rd March 2012. The Association became more functional when Mr. Ayoade Adeyemi became the first elected president of the association by the election held at the Annual General Meeting of the association in 2018.
1. Annual May 8 Peace Lecture: May 8 year 2000 is a dark moment in the history of this great citadel of learning. It is a day when the students and the host community had a crisis that led to lost of lives and subsequent closure of the polytechnic for many months. The students therefore preserve the day yearly as a day to mourn and pray for the lost souls. The Alumni Association however, gave the day a new meaning by transforming it from day of mourning to a day to preach, love and unity through lectures and symposiums.
2. Award/Fund Raising Dinner: The Association had dinners in Offa and Lagos. The Offa dinner was held on the 1st of November 2017 at the Awrab Hotels and Suits. It was done in honour of the Rector, Dr. L.A. Olatunji in marking the first convocation of the institution under his leadership. The Lagos dinner of the association was hosted at the Sheraton Hotels and Towers Ikeja Lagos State on the 12th May 2018. The institution was well represented at the dinner as the Rector Dr. L.A. Olatunji led the contigents to the event. Also in attendance was the representative of His Royal Highness, Muftau Mohammed Gbadamosi Esuwoye II (Olofa of Offa).
3. Prize Given to the Best Students: The association deemed it fit to be appreciating best students of the polytechnic annually at convocation of the institution. The 2017 convocation was the start of this laudable idea as departmental best performing students, faculty best performing students and over all best student were given gifts in appreciation of their academic prowess.
4. Organisation of Training and Workshop: The association believes training and workshop can go a long way in positioning members for leadership, hence training workshop is been done periodically. The recent lockdown occasioned by COVID’19 couldn’t stop the association as training was done online via zoom application. Series of such training was done and a very notable online training organized in May 2020 with topic: ‘Creating a thinking Workplace’ and certification was done for members that attended.
5. Capital Project: There was a request by the association in 2018 for parcel of land at the institution main campus for the building of a befitting secretariat. The request was favourably granted and the foundation laying was done by the Rector, Dr. L.A. Olatunji. The association had since the foundation laying, left no stone unturned to realize the completion of the secretariat. As of today, the building only needs some finishing touches after which commissioning will follow.
6. Branches: the association is fast expanding her tentacle in her few years of existence and branches in Offa, Abuja, Ado-Ekiti, Lagos, United Kingdom, Canada and United States had been inaugurated and doing well. As a matter of fact, the United States branch extended invitation to the management of the polytechnic in 2017 for her inauguration. The Rector, Dr. L.A. Olatunji was happy on this ground breaking inauguration, and led the polytechnic delegation to the United States for the inauguration of the branch.
The Alumni Office had these astute administrators as head of the Unit:
1. Mr. O.T. Opaleke
2. Mrs. M.M. Lawal
3. Mrs. F.F. Akande
4. Alh. I.T. Agboola
The current staffing of the unit is:
1. Chief Olaniyi Oladipo (Deputy Registrar)
2. Miss Kudrat Omoduyi (Assistant Registrar)
3. Mr. John Olajire Olawoyin (Assistant Registrar)
The executives of the Alumni Association are:
1. Rotrn. Ayoade Adeyemi - President
2. Mr. Abdulrahman Ayuba - Vice President I
3. Mr. Maroof Fayemi - Vice President II
4. Mr. Saheed Akinwumi Abiola- Gen. Secretary
5. Mr. Kazeem O. Gbadamosi - Asst. Gen. Sec. I
6. Mr. Wasiu Rufai - Asst. Gen. Sec. II
7. Mr. Sule Wisdom Onimisi - Treasurer
8. Mr. Gbenga Omotayo - Financial Secretary
9. Mr. Joel Afolayan - PRO
10. Mr. John Adetiba - Social Secretary
11. Mr. Segun Osifuye - Ex-Officio
The Alumni members in the service of the polytechnic saw a need to have a staff branch of the association, hence a take-off committee was put in place. The committee members are;
1. Dr. S.O. Asakpa - Chairman
2. Mrs. Atinuke Abass - Secretary
3. Engr. Mukaila Anifowose - PRO
4. Mr. Oladapo Lamidi - Member
5. Mrs. Susan Emeje - Member
It is worthy to note that members of the Alumni Association of this great school are making this institution proud in their various professions. Some of them are; Mr. Adekola Lamidi (Fisrt SUG President of FEDPOFFA), Manufacturing Director at Friesland Campina, Mr. Tunde Arini, Deputy Chief Finance Officer at Citi Bank Nigeria Ltd., Mr. Kola-Bode Adeoye, Member Ekiti State House of Assembly, Mr. Ayoade Adeyemi (President of FEDPOFFA National Alumni Association), a Managing Partner of Lorache Consulting Firm. He is also a fellow and member of governing council, National Institute of Marketing of Nigeria (NIMN). The list is endless, just to mention few.
The Alumni Association alongside the Alumni Office will continue to key into the aims, goals and objectives of the polytechnic management team under the leadership of Dr. L.A. Olatunji, which is to put Federal Polytechnic Offa, first among her equal.
Get the latest news and updates by signing up to our daily newsletter.
©2020 Federal Polytechnic, Offa