Physical Planning & Development
Physical Planning and Development sub unite are as follows
- Responsible for planning, designing, and development of FPO infrastructural facilities and services.
- Monitoring work program to attain completion of work at scheduled time.
- Analyzing and certifying work valuation prepared by consultants for payment.
- Endorsement of valuations and payment certificates.
- Processing of certificates for payment.
- Generating reports on progress of work and payment trends.
- Keeping record of consultants’ presence on site.
- Responsible for infrastructural development and maintenance of facilities and services for effective and efficient operations of the Polytechnic.
- Ensure effective and efficient management of man-power, materials and funds approve for servicing, repairs and maintenance of all the infrastructural facilities at FPO.
- Ensure proper coordination of maintenance activities in all the major service units; i.e electrical, civil, mechanical, horticulture and cleaning.
- Ensure tidy and friendly environment through daily close supervision and mobilization of cleaners and horticulturists.
- Perform general administrative functions especially those that relate to staff welfare, annual leave, discipline and other memos and correspondence coming to or going out of the Department of PPD.
- Perform any other duties that may be given from time to time.
- Prepares and keeps all the day to day activities of the office of the Director.
- Keeps all the records of the day to day works done in the department.
- Ensures that there is a smooth run of work by transmitting and disseminating information to necessary offices/unit concerned.
- Receives and dispatches memos accordingly.
- Performs any other duty from time to time as it may appear.
THE ELECTRICAL UNIT
- Ensures that there is a constant and stable power supply in the University on a daily bases.
- Constant maintenance of electrical network in the University.
- Maintains and ensure smooth run of power producing generators.
- Clearing of faults and replacement of damaged electrical accessories in offices and residencies.
- Processing and allocation of energy bills.
THE CIVIL/BUILDING DEPARTMENT UNIT
- Responsible for the maintenance and supervision of Civil Works in the FPO.
- Responsible for maintenance of components as carpentry work, mason, aluminum and tiling services with the aid of our artisans.
- Ensure strict compliance with the specification given during construction.
THE MECHANICAL SERVICES UNIT
- General oversight of all mechanical installations.
- Scheduled maintenance and servicing of boreholes and water pumps.
- Provision of domestic plumbing repairs and services.
- General maintenance of all sewage collection systems.
- Inspection of mechanical projects such as drilling of boreholes, water reticulation and so on
- Processing and allocation of water bills.
- li>Management of stock in the central store.
- Management and coordination of materials through the process of requisition form.
- Processing of materials replenishment, re-order and requisition.
THE PARKS AND GARDEN UNIT
- Beautification of the Polytechnic environment.
- Clearing of bushes and lawn maintenance.
- Establishment and keeping of Nursery.
- Pest control by fumigation.
- Erosion control by clearing of drainages.
- 00:00:0021.96oC light rain
2.97 m/s 987.02 hPa
- 03:00:0021.71oC light rain
2.95 m/s 986.74 hPa
- 06:00:0021.9oC light rain
3.81 m/s 987.29 hPa
- 09:00:0024.79oC scattered clouds
4.61 m/s 988.97 hPa
- 12:00:0027.78oC scattered clouds
4.41 m/s 987.85 hPa
- 15:00:0028.27oC broken clouds
4.31 m/s 986.08 hPa
- 18:00:0026.65oC overcast clouds
4.95 m/s 986.67 hPa
- 21:00:0024.8oC scattered clouds
5.03 m/s 987.65 hPa
- See More Weather Forecast Here
- Click to see weather forecast for Offa
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest news and updates by signing up to our daily newsletter.